Spanjaard Engine Flush Reviewed
Product Name:- Spanjaard
Product:- Engine Flush
Owners:- Spanjaard Group of Companies (Spanjaard Ltd.)
Origin:- Amsterdam-Hong Kong-London-Johannesburg
Application:- Internal Combustion Engine
Dimensions:- 225 x 85 x 35 mm
Available From:- Most Auto Part Stores
My Rating:- * * * * *
Endorsements:- Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs.com
The importance of flushing an engine cannot be overstated, as the buildup of contaminants in the engine oil starts immediately after changing engine oil,
It continues until the next oil change. During this period contaminants build up in the oil and is trapped there until it is removed by changing the oil yet again. In today’s performance age, we tend to over extend our car’s service periods and recommended mileage.
It is not enough to just change the oil, it is necessary to remove the build up of these contaminants we call sludge, varnish and carbon deposits. Enter Spanjaard Engine Flush. Formulated to remove these contaminant build ups and to prepare the engine for the clean oil.
- A preventative maintenance procedure.
- Easy application.
- Cost effective.
- Increases engine compression.
- Modern formula loosens sticky oil and compression rings.
- Contains a combination of powerful additives that remove harmful lacquer and sludge deposits.
- Effectively maintaining the cleanliness of PCV systems, its efficient functioning is important to upper-cylinder lubrication.
- Treats up to 5L of oil.
- Used in both Petrol and Diesel engines.
- It is not advisable to flush an engine with high mileage, if it has not been flushed before.
- An engine with low oil level cannot be flushed, unless the oil level is filled to its, correct level.
- Cannot be added to a cold engine.
- Some Auto Spare Shops do not stock Spanjaard.
I have been using Spanjaard for more than 8 years now and conducted many tests and experiments with plenty favourable results, it has become my prefered engine flush and I endorse its proper use fully.
My Personal Experience with the product
I owned an old 1992 Opel Kadett Cub 1.3, it had average mileage than most similar cars of that age, I decided to do a little product testing with Spanjaard engine flush, and what better car to use than my own vehicle.
I warmed the car to operating temperature, took a compression test of all 4 cylinders, added 375ml of Spanjaard engine flush and ran it for 15 minutes.
I proceeded to change the engine oil and oil filter, where after I performed another compression test, to my delight the compression increased from approx. 850 to 1125 kpa, an increase of approx, 275 kpa average in the vehicle’s 4 cylinders, this impressed the hell out of me and those witnessing this simple experiment.
Needless to say, I was convinced, Spanjaard engine flush is used by me since.
Where to buy
Most reputable Auto Parts Stores.
What is your opinion of flushing an engine, before changing engine oil?
Until next Time “Safe Motoring”
- Thin Liquid, Mixes With Oil Easy
- Loosens Sticky Piston Rings
- Helps with Increasing Engine Compression
- Treats Up To 5L Oil with 375ml
- Can be Used in Petrol & Diesel Engines
- Not always available
- Not Recommended to use in high mileage engines not flushed before
- Caution Flammable